2020 SCI Summer Research Colloquium
The 6th Annual SCI Summer Research Colloquium will take place via virtual conferencing on Friday, August 7th, 2020.
Register to participate here.
- Please download and use this template and follow all instructions theirin.
- The deadline for abstract submission to be considered for an oral presentation is 5:00 PM, Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
- After this deadline all abstracts will be considered for poster presentations only.
- You will be notified via email if you have been selected as an oral presenter by July 22, 2020.
- Submissions that are not selected for oral presentation will automatically be considered for poster presentation.
- The deadline for poster presentation submissions is 5:00 PM, Friday, July 24, 2020.
- Most submitted abstracts are typically selected for posters; poster presentation details are TBD due to this year’s unique virtual format. More details on this to follow soon!
Scott Aaronson (UT Austin)
Inaugural Keynote Speaker of the Kavli-SCI Quantum Sciences Seminar Series
"Quantum Computational Supremacy and Its Applications"
The Smalley-Curl Institute (SCI) Summer Research Colloquium began in 1986 as the RQI Colloquium, and has taken place in August of each year since then. The purpose of the SCI Summer Research Colloquium is to provide undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers working at Rice with an opportunity to present their most recent work.
Presentations - either talks or posters - are formal, as in professional international conferences. However, the audience, consisting of Rice students and faculty members, as well as R&D representatives from local companies, is very informal and friendly, which makes the Colloquium a great occasion for honing the presenters' communications skills.
Some abstracts by graduate students and post-docs will be selected for oral presentations, to be presented throughout the day. Most of the submitted abstracts are selected for posters, which are presented in two separate sessions.